At K 2022, SOREMA will be presented with its parent company PREVIERO. It is a technology leader in the area of PET bottle-to-bottle sorting, grinding, washing, and recycling plants.
It is also specialized in plastic recycling lines for the plastic products, include PO flexible packaging, PE stretch and bi-oriented films, agricultural film and pipes, PS, PP, PE and PET rigid packaging, and more.
SOREMA's upcycling concept encompasses the suitability of modifying the manufacture of a given packaging product like a PET bottle by replacing virgin polymer with post-consumer material.
The use of the post-consumer material is in ever larger percentages, and which, after an appropriate recycling process, is available on an industrial scale.
SOREMA offers systems from 600 kg/h to 9,000 kg/h. Its proprietary recycling technology for sorting, grinding and washing systems for PET bottles from post-consumer collection up to dried flakes, include:
- The flow of the process water against the flow of the material so that the dirtiest water is used on the dirtiest material and the cleanest water is used on the cleanest material that enters the final rinsing process of the scale. The water is filtered and reused in an upstream cleaning phase
- Use of mechanical friction and hot water washing (see attached photo), of chemicals products like NaOH, detergent and wetting agents. All combined at various stages achieving the highest levels of cleaning with a minimum usage of energy and consumables
- Extraction of contaminants (e.g. alien plastics, containers and odd to the mixed colors) also with detector systems to sort the diversity of plastic, colors, and containers before cleaning the material as a bottle and not as flakes, to the maximum extent.
Some of the uniqueness of the SOREMA system:
- Strength in the pre-engineering of the process starting with designing the system reflecting the local material infeed stream including polymer composition, contaminations load, end quality requirements of effluent wastewater
- Turnkey design and post-installation support including pre-assembly at SOREMA prior to shipment, on-site project management including during installation of all mechanical, electrical and programming support equipment
- Modular construction allows for flexibility of installation in existing or new buildings
- Cold or Hot prewash options are available based on local feed streams
- Human and on-line interface controls to allow maximum visibility of the process parameters and production output, reducing management overhead costs